What’s the Deal?
What’s the Deal?
● Sofitel is offering a third night free at nearly 100 properties across the globe. The Winter Collection promo applies to travel through Jan. 15. Deal also includes room-service delivery of chocolate treats and a 3 p.m. late checkout. Price varies by property and dates. For example, a three-night stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower starts at $396, including taxes; three nights typically starts at about $594. Three-night advance purchase required. Info: 800-763-4835, www.sofitel-wintercollection.com.
● Stay at least three nights at the Hix Island House, an eco-lodge with loft apartments on the Puerto Rican island of Vieques, and receive free companion air from San Juan. Offer is valid only with the purchase of a round-trip ticket on Vieques Air Link ($256, with taxes) departing from Isla Grande or Luis Munoz Marin airports in San Juan. You must book the flight through the property by Dec. 31 and complete travel by April 30. Rooms start at $156, with taxes, and include kitchens with breakfast fixings including eggs, cereal and homemade bread. Info: 787-741-2302, hixislandhouse.com.
● To celebrate a $330 million renovation, Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort, an all-inclusive in the Dominican Republic’s Punta Cana, is offering up to $3,000 in resort credits. Amount is based on length of stay. For example, book up to four nights and receive $1,200; five to 11 nights, $2,000; and 12 nights or more, $3,000. Credits can be applied to excursions, resort shopping, golf, room upgrades and more. Stay by December 2013. At Bavaro Beach, the adults-only property, nightly rates start at $172 per person; at the family-friendly Bavaro Palace Deluxe, rooms start at $192. Info: 800-227-2356, www.barcelo.com.
● Book an Adriatic cruise with Adventure Life and save 50 percent on the second passenger. Deal applies to May through September departures on the Panorama (VC), a 49-passenger sailing vessel. The seven-night cruise, which travels round trip from Dubrovnik, Croatia, starts at $2,290 for the first person and $1,145 for the second passenger staying in the same cabin. Port charges of $290 are extra for both cruisers. Book by Dec. 31. Info: 800-344-6118, www.adventure-life.com.
● American Airlines has sale fares to Hawaii. Round-trip fare from New York’s JFK to Honolulu, for example, is $548, including taxes. Sale also extends to Washington airports; cheapest fare is $778 round trip from BWI Marshall to Honolulu. Other airlines are matching. Travel Monday through Thursday through Feb. 28, except holiday blackout dates. Fourteen-day advance purchase required. Buy by Nov. 19 at www.aa.com.
● Lion World Tours is offering a seven-night Safari in Absolute Style package starting at $3,899 per person double. The package includes round-trip air on South African Airways from Washington Dulles to Johannesburg; four flights within South Africa; four nights at the Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa in Cape Town; three nights at Madikwe Safari Lodge in the Madikwe Game Reserve; 13 meals; six game drives; 30-minute spa treatment; helicopter tour; transfers; and taxes. Lowest price is available on select 2013 departures in February, March, April, May, August and September. Priced separately, deal would cost about $1,163 more per person. Info: 800-387-2706, www.lionworldtours.com.
● Gate 1 Travel is offering a Black Friday deal with discounts of up to $1,000 on all domestic and international packages, plus trips with Discovery Tours, its small-group travel company. Savings are based on price of package. For example, spend $500 to $999 and receive $50 off (use promo code BL12FR50); $1,000 to $1,999 for $100 in savings (BL12FR100), $2,000 to $3,999 for $250 off (L12FR250), $4,000 to $9,999 for $500 off (BL12FR500) and $10,000 or more for $1,000 off (BL12FR1000). Phone bookings (for Gate 1 Travel, 800-682-3333; for Discovery Tours, 877-900-9777) are accepted on Nov. 23; online bookings at www.gate1travel.com are available Nov. 22 and 23.
Carol Sottili, Andrea Sachs
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.