This week’s best travel bargains
By Carol Sottili and Andrea Sachs,
What’s the Deal?
This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Book a Valentine’s Day package at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore and receive a free night for a future stay. For the gratis room, reserve the Royal Romance package starting at $299 a night on Feb. 14-16, plus a second night from $189. Add about 16 percent taxes. The free night is redeemable after March 1 through Dec. 30. The holiday package at the Inner Harbor property includes a $130 dining credit for use at any of the hotel’s dining establishments (including room service), valet parking and late checkout. Rooms typically start at $158; parking is $43 a night. Info: 410-234-0550, www.sonesta.com/baltimore.
● Overseas Adventure Travel is taking hundreds of dollars off select departures of its Safari Serengeti: Tanzania Lodge & Tented Safari. For example, the 12-day trip departing Dec. 10 costs $3,990 per couple, a savings of $1,800, and $1,995 per solo traveler, a $900 savings. The land-only adventure includes five nights in lodges and six nights in tented camps; 33 meals; visits and fees to national parks and reserves, including Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Serengeti; 18 small group activities, including game-viewing drives; taxes; and more. For the lowest rate, travel in December. Info: 800-955-1925, www.oattravel.com.
● Stay three consecutive nights at Sea Island, a luxury barrier-island resort in G eorgia, and save 85 percent on the third night. The promotion, which celebrates the resort’s 85th anniversary, applies to stays through March 6. Rates vary. For example, a one-bedroom suite in the Cloister is $1,048 (including taxes and fees) for a three-night weekend stay in mid-February; regular price is $1,420. Info: 855-572-4975, www.seaisland.com.
● Blount Small Ship Adventures is offering two-for-one fares on several last-minute Belize cruises. For example, the Best of Belize, the Barrier Reef and Guatemala itinerary departing Feb. 14 now starts at $3,579 per couple (plus port charges of $295 per person). The 11-night cruise aboard the 96-passenger Grande Mariner travels round trip from Belize City. No booking deadline, but availability is limited. Info: 800-556-7450, www.blountsmallshipadventures.com.
● MSC is offering free balcony upgrades on 11 of its ships sailing Europe, the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Book by March 31 and receive a balcony stateroom for the price of an oceanview room. For example, on Dec. 7, pay from $369 per person double for a three-night Caribbean cruise aboard the newly launched MSC Divina. Depart from Miami. Ask for the Wave Season 2013 promotion when booking. Info: 877-665-4655, www.msccruisesusa.com.
● Turkish Airlines is offering sale fares from Washington Dulles to dozens of destinations throughout Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Restrictions, including travel dates and purchase deadlines, vary by destination. For example, the nonstop fare to Istanbul starts at $399 round trip, including taxes, for departures Feb. 8 through Feb. 17 (some dates are sold out); no advance purchase required. Book at www.turkishairlines.com.
● LAN Airlines and TAM Airlines are discounting flights from New York’s JFK to South America by up to 40 percent. For example, the round-trip flight to Quito, Ecuador, or Lima, Peru, starts at $599, including taxes. Fares to Sao Paolo and Rio de Janero start at $799; flights to Buenos Aires cost from $999. Book by Jan. 28; travel Feb. 1 through June 30. Seven-day advance purchase required; Sunday stay required. Seats are limited; blackout dates apply. Info: 866-435-9526. www.lan.com, www.tamairlines.com.●
● Virgin Vacations is offering an additional $50-per-person discount on its Northern California Wine Country Fly & Drive package for departures in February and March. For example, the March 12 trip starts at $737 per person double and includes round-trip air from Washington to San Francisco; three nights at the Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa in Santa Rosa, Calif.; two nights at the Pickwick Hotel in San Francisco; and a five-day economy car rental. Enter promo code VNC13ASP050 when booking. Reserve by Jan. 31. Priced separately, the trip would cost about $179 more per couple. Info: 877-740-4302, virg.in/wtdcawine .
Carol Sottili, Andrea Sachs
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.