This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● With Geringer Global Travel, couples save $600 on the 18-day Luxury Adventure and Cultural India Journey. Book by March 1 and pay from $8,825 per person double for travel through March 31 or from $9,390 Oct. 1 to Dec. 22. The land-only trip visits such destinations as Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore, Jaipur and Udaipur, and includes luxury accommodations, entrance fees, all transport services, guided tours, some meals, cultural activities and more. Info: 877-255-7438, www.geringerglobaltravel.com.
●Save 20 percent on Amtrak tickets between Washington’s Union Station and select destinations, including Chicago, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Tampa. Travel through April 18, except for blackout dates of Feb. 15, Feb. 18, March 28, March 29 and April 1. Fares vary. For example, a reserved coach seat from Washington to Atlanta is $180 round trip, including taxes, a savings of $44. Three-day advance purchase required. Book by Feb. 4. Info: 800-872-7245, www.amtrak.com.
● Vail Cascade Resort, a four-diamond ski-in/ski-out property in Colorado, is taking up to 60 percent off two-night stays between Feb. 24 and April 13. Rates start at $119 per night, plus 10 percent tax and $27 daily resort fee. For example, in late February, two nights in a resort room costs $425, including taxes and resort fee. Book by Jan. 31; use promo code vcspring1. The nondiscounted rate starts at $355 a night. Info: 800-282-4183, www.vailcascade.com.
● Holland America is offering savings of up to 50 percent, plus free or reduced fares for the third and fourth guests in a stateroom and free or reduced pre- or post-cruise hotel stays. The Sail and Save promotion applies to select sailings around the globe. Savings vary. For example, the seven-night Canada & New England Discovery cruise, which sails from Boston to Quebec City on May 4, now costs $3,422 per person for the first two people sharing a deluxe veranda suite; the third and fourth passengers pay only $123 in tax each, for a total savings of $2,398. The cruise also includes a hotel night for two at the Fairmont Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City (worth $302) and transfers for two from Quebec City to Montreal, valued at $138. Info: 877-932-4259, www.hollandamerica.com.
●Save up to $3,200 per couple or $1,600 per person on two March departures of Grand Circle Cruise Line’s Hidden Gems of the Dalmatian Coast & Greece cruise tour. On the March 3 departure, couples pay from $5,940 (vs. $9,140) and singles pay from $3,990 (vs. $5,590). On March 9, two cruisers pay from $6,340 (vs. $9,540) and singles pay from $4,090 (vs. $5,690). The 15-day cruise departs from Athens and ends in Zagreb, Croatia; the ship visits such ports as Corfu, Greece; Saranda, Albania; Kotor, Montenegro; and Split, Croatia. Price includes one night’s hotel in Athens and three nights in Zagreb; 10-night cruise; 37 meals with wine at dinner; 13 tours; taxes; and more. Book by Feb. 4; use Code: TAAA 689. Info: 800-221-2610, www.gct.com.
● Aer Lingus is offering sale fares for spring travel to Dublin and Shannon. With taxes, the connecting round-trip flights from Washington Dulles (through New York’s JFK) start at $726on flights April 1-30; fare on other airlines starts at about $914. Flights May 1-June 15 start at $744 round trip; fare on other airlines starts at about $1,034. For cheapest fares, fly Monday through Thursday; some dates are sold out. Book at www.aerlingus.com by Feb. 5.
● Porter Escapes is offering package deals to cities throughout eastern Canada. For example, a three-night stay in Toronto over Presidents’ Day weekend (Feb. 15-18) starts at $414 per person double, including round-trip airfare on Porter Airlines from Washington Dulles, three nights at the Delta Chelsea hotel in downtown Toronto, and taxes. Priced separately, the package would cost about $548 per person double. Info: 855-372-1100, www.porterescapes.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday afternoon, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.