This week’s best travel bargains
What’s the Deal?
This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Club Med is offering a sale at more than 60 of its resorts in Asia, South America, Europe, North America and the Caribbean. The World Is On Sale promotion applies to stays through Aug. 23. Savings vary by property, room type and dates. For example, a three-night stay at the Club Med Cancun Yucatan in July starts at $1,566, including taxes and membership fees, for a family of four, a savings of $348. Restrictions, including minimum stays and blackout dates, vary by property. Deadline to book is March 5. Info: 800-258-2633, www.clubmed.us/world-on-sale.
● The Bermuda Department of Tourism is offering a promotion for students on spring break Feb. 16-24 and March 2-22. The Spring Break Pass includes bus and ferry transportation ($15-a-day value); entry to nine events held on multiple dates, including a Spring Break Boat Cruise ($65 value) and a Party Bus Island Tour ($60 value); and food at all daytime events. Also, accommodations at the Coco Reef resort have been discounted; a room for two starts at $160 per night, including taxes and fees, a savings of $98. Minimum age is 18. Info: www.gotobermuda.com/springbreak2013.
● Norwegian Cruise Lines is offering discounted pricing on an 11-night transatlantic sailing aboard the Norwegian Epic from Miami to Barcelona departing April 20. A balcony cabin now costs $715 per person double, including $66 port charges, a savings of $150. No deadline to book, but pricing is based on availability. Info: 866-234-7350, www.ncl.com.
● Oceania Cruises is offering discounts on its 2013 Alaska cruises. The promotion includes airfare, two-for-one stateroom rates and a further discount of up to $1,500 per stateroom and two-for-one unlimited shore excursion package. Prices and savings vary by itinerary, cabin category and date. For example, an oceanview stateroom on the seven-night Coastal Alaska itinerary sailing round trip from Seattle on June 28 and July 5 starts at $2,099 per person double (brochure rate was $5,398); the unlimited excursion package is $399 for two ($399 savings), and airfare to Seattle would typically cost about $460 round trip per person. Book by March 31. Info: 800-531-5658, www.oceaniacruises.com.
●AirTran has launched a sale on domestic flights, with fares from BWI Marshall ranging from $57 to $234 each way. The round-trip fare from Baltimore to Fort Lauderdale, for example, starts at $114, including taxes (fare on other airlines starts at $168). Fly Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays through May 15, except blackout dates of March 7-10 and March 28-30. A 10-day advance purchase is required. Buy by Feb. 7 at www.airtran.com; pay $15 more by calling 800-247-8726.
● Cayman Airways is offering sale fares to Grand Cayman. Round-trip fare from Washington Dulles for nonstop flights departing Saturdays starts at $382, including taxes, for travel through March 22; fare on other airlines starts at $458. Some dates are sold out. Book by Feb. 12. Info: 800-422-9626, www.caymanairways.com.
●Ritz Tours and Victoria Cruises have partnered to offer a 10-night Yangtze Essence tour. Trip includes round-trip airfare from New York’s JFK to Beijing, returning from Shanghai; three nights in Beijing at the Crowne Plaza Wangfujing; flight from Beijing to Xian; two nights at the Sheraton Xian North City; flight from Xian to Chongqing; three-night cruise on the Yangtze River from Chongqing to Yichang aboard the Victoria Anna in a private-balcony executive suite; flight from Yichang to Shanghai; two nights in Shanghai at the Radisson Plaza Xing Guo; 24 meals; daily sightseeing excursions; land transport and transfers; tour guide; and taxes. Book by Feb. 28 to get $100 per person off the tour, which starts at $2,899 per person double after discount for the March 13 departure (other departures are available at slightly higher prices); priced separately, air, hotels and cruise alone would cost $3,679 per person. Info: 888-345-7489, www.ritztours.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.