This week’s best travel bargains
By Carol Sottili and Andrea Sachs,
What’s the Deal?
This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Hilton is offering 20 percent off select Caribbean and Latin America hotels for last-minute stays of at least four nights. Rates for the Winter Warm-Up Sale, good through March 17, vary. For example, a four-night stay for two at the Hilton Curacao starts at $878, including taxes, a savings of $220. Four nights at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau in the Bahamas starts at $1,246, including taxes. Book by March 10; seven-day advance purchase required. Info: 800-446-6677, www.hiltoncaribbean.com/winter-sale.
● Revel, the splashy new property in Atlantic City, is offering a Breakfast in Bed package through March 31. Rates from $159 per night double include accommodations in an ocean room, $50 in-room breakfast credit and drinks for two at O2 (up to $12 per person). Add about $27 in taxes. Use promo code “MORNING.” Info: 855-348-0500, www.revelresorts.com.
● Celebrate Easter (Western or Orthodox) in Greece with a deal from the five-star Kinsterna Hotel and Spa in southern Peloponnese. The package for two guests starts at about $864 and includes three nights’ accommodations, daily breakfast, Resurrection dinner, traditional Easter buffet, olive oil tasting, horseback riding at the Kinsterna estate, 60-minute session at the spa (hammam, jacuzzi, razul and water paradise cabins) and taxes. Also, book a deluxe suite or Kinsterna suite (from $306) and receive a free night. Travel March 25-April 3 and April 29-May 7. By comparison, the room alone starts at $239 per night. Info: 011- 30- 7320- 66300, www.kinsternahotel.gr.
●Save $1,000 per couple on select Avalon Waterways 2013 and 2014 river cruises. Promotion applies to several dozen itineraries on rivers throughout Europe and along the Mekong River in Southeast Asia. Pricing varies. For example, a seven-night Blue Danube Discovery cruise from Budapest to Nuremberg, Germany, departing July 21 starts at $2,375 per person double, including taxes, after the discount. Book by Feb. 26. Info: 877-797-8791, www.avalonwaterways.com.
● Scandinavian Airlines has sale fares on summer travel to Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. For example, round-trip fare for nonstop flights from Washington Dulles to Copenhagen is $999, including taxes; other airlines are matching on connecting flights. Cheapest fares apply to Monday through Thursday travel departing June 16 through Aug. 24. Restrictions include minimum Saturday-night stay. Purchase by Feb. 25 at www.flysas.com/us.
● To kick off its new Caribbean island service, American Airlines has a sale to Martinique and Guadeloupe from all three Washington-area airports. From Reagan National, the round-trip flight, with connection in Miami, to Pointe-a-Pitre on Guadeloupe starts at $630, including taxes. To Fort de France, the fare is from $632. Book at www.aa.com by Feb. 28. Seven-day advance purchase required. Depart Saturdays between April 6 and Nov. 13, and complete travel by Nov. 30. The fare is typically around $1,000 and may require two connections.
● Pleasant Holidays is offering a $300-per-booking discount on trips to Mexico. The promotion, for travel April 1-30, applies to trips of at least five nights and must include airfare and lodging at one of 26 participating resorts. For example, a five-night package at the all-inclusive Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, including taxes and nonstop air from Washington Dulles to Cancun, now starts at $2,032 per couple. Priced separately, the trip would cost $2,335. The company is also offering savings of $250 per couple for travel through March 31 and May 1 to Dec. 15. Book by March 10. Info: 800-448-3333, www.pleasantholidays.com.
Carol Sottili, Andrea Sachs
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.