This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Gryphon Golf and Ski Experiences has a special package at one of the world’s top golf resorts in St. Andrews, Scotland. Through April 30, the eight-night deal costs $1,272 per person double and includes accommodations at the Fairmont St. Andrews, with a free upgrade to a sea-view room (based on availability); two rounds per person at the Torrance course and two rounds at the Kittocks course; breakfast; 20 percent off pre-reserved spa treatments; and taxes. By comparison, the room alone starts at about $222 a night and a round of golf is from about $104. Info: 877-479-7466, www.gryphongolf.com.
● With Intrepid Travel, book by April 15 and save 20 percent on select trips to Europe and Morocco, plus 10 percent off Europe food adventures. The deal applies to 30 Europe and Morocco vacations and four food trips. For example, the eight-day Explore Croatia starts at $1,116 per person double, down from $1,395, and includes accommodations in a guesthouse, hotel and private apartment; a city walls walk, wine tasting and dinner in Pupnat; land transportation and guide; and taxes. For all deals, travel by July 31 and use promo code 9730. Info: 800-970-7299, www.intrepidtravel.com.
●Save 20 percent on a German Rail Pass from Rail Europe. Deal applies to a five- or six-day pass for travel within Germany used within a one-month period by May 31. A second-class adult ticket is $242 for five days and $265 for six days; a first-class adult ticket is $319 for five days and $358 for six days. Savings range from $59 to $90 per ticket. Book by March 29. Info: 800-622-8600, www.raileurope.com.
● Cunard is offering savings of up to $1,000 per couple on airfare, plus special rates on select Europe cruises. For example, on the 14-day Fjords and Waterfalls cruise aboard the Queen Elizabeth, departing Southampton, England, on May 26, a balcony stateroom with a partially obstructed view costs $3,299 per person double, plus $90 taxes. Without the sale (based on availability), the cabin would cost $4,199. In addition, passengers save up to $500 each on airfare when they book through the Cunard CompleteAir program. Airfare special ends March 31. Info: 800-728-6273, www.cunard.com.
● Cruise and Maritimes Voyages is offering savings of 47 percent, plus shipboard credits of $100 for an inside cabin and $200 for an outside cabin, on several European sailings in September and October. Prices vary. For example, the 10-night Black Sea Discovery cruise departing Athens on Oct. 7 now starts at $1,679 per person double, including port charges, a savings of $1,499. The cruise aboard the 700-passenger Discovery stops in Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria and Ukraine. Book by March 18 at www.cruiseandmaritime.com, or call 855-206-4897 through March 30.
● Virgin America has a sale on flights between Washington Dulles and Los Angeles or San Francisco. Nonstop flights to either city are $318 round trip, including taxes, for travel through June 12; fare on other airlines starts at $358. Sale does not apply to flights on Fridays and Sundays (some other days are sold out, and blackout dates apply). Fourteen-day advance purchase required. Book by March 18 at www.virginamerica.com, or pay $20 additional by calling 877-359-8474.
● Spend seven nights in Australia for $1,699 per person double with a deal from Travelscene. The trip includes round-trip airfare from Los Angeles to Sydney on Qantas, accommodations at the Travelodge Sydney, a tour of Sydney and taxes. Round-trip fare from Washington to Los Angeles, booked separately, starts at $318. The package, available May 1 through June 8, is designed to overlap with Vivid Sydney, an 18-day music-and-lights festival that ends June 10 and includes nightly illuminations of the Sydney skyline. Priced separately, the trip would cost about $714 more per couple. Book by March 27. Info: 866-459-8202, www.travelscene.com/sydneyonsale.
Carol Sottili, Andrea Sachs
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.