This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Furnace Creek Resort in Death Valley National Park is offering 30 percent savings on select dates through mid-January. Deal applies to more than 70 dates starting in late August at the Ranch at Furnace Creek and more than 40 dates starting in mid-October at the Inn at Furnace Creek. For example, a standard queen room at the ranch in mid-October starts at $119 a night (plus $14 tax) with the discount; usual rate is $169 (plus $20 tax). A standard hillside room at the inn, which usually starts at $345 (plus $41 tax), is $242 (plus $29 tax) after discount. Based on availability. Use PROSPECTOR promo code. Info: 800-236-7916, www.furnacecreekresort.com/dealsandpackages/prospector-rates.
●CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa, a five-star property on the Caribbean island of Anguilla, is offering $300 off rates for travel through Sept. 1 and Oct. 19 through Nov. 19. A beachfront junior suite now costs $275 a night, down from $575, and includes daily continental breakfast in-suite or full breakfast at the resort’s Cafe Mediterraneo, airport or ferry greeting and WiFi. Add 10 percent service charge, 10 percent tax and $1 per-person daily surcharge. Bookings at www.cuisinartresort.com must be prepaid and are non-refundable. Three-night minimum required.
● With Howard Johnson’s book-on-Monday special, reserve a midweek stay at any Howard Johnson property in North America and receive a $25 gas gift card. The deal applies to more than 350 lodgings, such as the Howard Johnson Inn Austin North (from $77, with taxes, in early October) and the Howard Johnson Inn Tampa Ybor City (from $55, including taxes). Book by Sept. 30 (use code SBN) and stay Sunday through Thursday by Oct. 3. Guests will receive the gas card about two weeks after the booking and can redeem it at participating Shell, Exxon, Texaco, Chevron, Sunoco and Gulf stations. Info: 800-221-5801, www.hojo.com.
●Azamara Club Cruises is offering free ugrades from interior to balcony staterooms, plus airfare rebates and 25 percent discounts on shore excursions on select 2014 cruises. For example, a club veranda cabin on the eight-night French Riviera to Rome Voyage, departing April 22, is now $2,599 per person double (plus $75 port charges), a savings of $1,100. After the $500 discount, round-trip air from Washington to Nice, with return from Rome, is about $500 per person. You must purchase airfare through Azamara’s ChoiceAir booking tool. Book by Sept. 30. Info: 877-999-9553, www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/double-stateroom-upgrade.
● Sun Country is offering sale fares on nonstop flights from Reagan National to Minneapolis-St. Paul and Lansing, Mich. Round-trip fare to Minneapolis-St. Paul is $278, including taxes (usual fare is $360); fare to Lansing is $178 (usually $260). Travel Sept. 4 through Oct. 9; 21-day advance purchase required. Book by Aug. 12. Info: 800-359-6786, www.
● World Spree is offering $400 savings on its Amazing Vietnam tour. Price starts at $1,699 per person double, including airfare from San Francisco to Hanoi, with return from Ho Chi Minh City; two flights in Vietnam; two nights at the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel; an overnight cruise on Ha Long Bay; two nights at the Golden Sand Resort & Spa in Hoi An; two nights at the Renaissance Riverside Saigon; 10 meals; several tours with entrance fees; transfers; and taxes. Add-on airfare from Washington to San Francisco is about $400. Trip is offered on select dates beginning Nov. 6, with cheapest prices in November, February, March and April. Priced separately, the trip costs about $516 more from Washington. For the lowest price, you must pay in full 75 days in advance with a personal check or money order. Book by Aug. 31. Info: 866-652-5656, www.worldspree.com.
● The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism is offering free flights from Nassau to the Out Islands. With the Two Fly Free from Nassau promotion, book a four-night package with any of the participating properties and receive a pair of inter-island air tickets. Or book three nights and earn one gratis flight. Choose from nearly 40 hotels on such islands as Cat Island, the Exumas, Bimini and Crooked Island. For example, pay $824 per couple for three nights in a standard waterfront or deluxe club room at the Green Turtle Club Resort and Marina, two round-trip flights from Nassau to Treasure Cay Airport on Abaco (including one freebie worth about $160), club fee of $1 each per day and taxes. Book by June 30; travel by Oct. 31, 2014. Holiday blackout dates apply. Info: 866-689-5505, www.myoutislands.com/two-fly-free-promotion.cfm.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.