This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● To celebrate the National Park Service’s birthday, the agency is waiving entrance fees at dozens of national parks on Aug. 25. Fee waiver includes entrance fees, commercial tour fees and transportation entrance fees; camping, tours, concessions and third-party costs are not included. The no-fee day is valid at NPS attractions in 39 states, as well as national historic sites on St. Croix and Puerto Rico. Savings vary. Sample fees: Cape Cod National Seashore, $15 per day; Yellowstone, $25 per car and $12 per non-motorized entry; and Shenandoah National Park, $10 or $15 per car (for up to seven days) and $5 or $8 per individual. In addition, no admission is required on Sept. 28 (National Public Lands Day) and Nov. 9-11 (Veterans Day weekend). Info: www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm.
● With Insight Cuba, couples save up to $1,000 on 14 departures from October through December. The deal applies to five Cuba tours: the seven-night Classic Cuba, the seven-night Scenic Cuba, the 11-night Undiscovered Cuba, the five-night Vintage Cuba and the three-night Weekend Cuba. Prices and savings ($200 to $500 per person) vary. For instance, with the $500 per-person discount, the Classic Cuba trip now costs $3,395 per person double; depart Nov. 19, Nov. 26 or Dec. 3. Price includes first-class accommodations; all meals; entrance fees; ground transportation and transfers; insurance and emergency medical evacuation; and taxes. Airfare from Miami to Havana is $500 to $600 more. Book by Sept. 30. Info: 800-450-2822, www.insightcuba.com.
● Book a five-night vacation at any of 55 participating properties in Barbados and receive $150 in spending money, or book seven nights and receive $200 per person. The vouchers, which are distributed at check-in, can be used at dozens of attractions, restaurants and car rental companies. Lodging prices vary. For example, a week-long stay for two at the all-inclusive Island Inn Hotel in Bridgetown in early October is $1,750, including meals, drinks and taxes. Complete travel by Dec. 21. Book by Sept. 21 at www.visitbarbados.org/islandinclusive using booking code BII2013.
● Paul Gauguin Cruises is offering free airfare from Los Angeles and 50 percent savings on all 2013 and 2014 sailings aboard the 332-passenger m/s Paul Gauguin. Prices vary. For example, the seven-night Tahiti & Society Islands cruise now starts at $3,995 per person double (plus $89 port charges) for the Dec. 7 and 14 departures. Airfare typically costs about $1,588. Deal is based on availability. Info: 800-848-6172, www.pgcruises.com/offers.
● Frontier Airlines is offering introductory fares on its new service from New Castle Airport, about five miles south of Wilmington, Del. The airline now offers nonstop flights from New Castle, about two hours north of Washington, to Denver, Chicago, Houston, Orlando, Tampa and Fort Myers, Fla. Fare to Chicago, for example, starts at $134 round trip, including taxes; lowest fare from Washington is about $240. The fare to Denver starts at $193; lowest fare from Washington is $328. Fares are available on select dates, and holiday blackouts apply. Info: 800-432-1359, www.flyfrontier.com.
● AirTran has a sale on flights to Mexico and the Caribbean, including Aruba, Cancun, Jamaica’s Montego Bay and Nassau. For example, nonstop air from BWI Marshall to Nassau starts at $309 round trip, with taxes. By comparison, other carriers are charging from $330 for connecting air. Book by Aug. 22; travel Sept. 3-Dec. 18. Holiday blackout dates apply. Info: www.airtran.com.●
● Gate 1 Travel is offering a sale on its four-night Classic Guatemala tour. The trip includes round-trip airfare from Reagan National to Guatemala City, three nights at Barcelo Guatemala City, one night at the Mayan Inn in Chichicastenango, ground transportation, two sightseeing tours, airport transfers, tour guide and taxes. Price for select departures in 2013 is $712 per person double. Priced separately, the trip would cost about $199 more per person. Request promo code DLCLG150 and book by Aug. 19. Info: 800-682-3333, www.gate1travel.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.