This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● With Blount Small Ship Adventures, save $400 per person on the Dec. 4 departure of the Southern Antebellum: Charleston to Jacksonville trip. The seven-night cruise, which sails from Charleston, S.C., to Jacksonville, Fla., starts at $1,999 per person double, down from $2,399. Add $140 in port charges. The deal also includes a pre-departure overnight with dinner and breakfast on the Grande Mariner ship, a $300 value per couple. The ship visits Beaufort, S.C.; Savannah, Brunswick, Jekyll Island and St. Marys, Ga.; and Amelia Island, Fla. Info: 888-618-4770, blountsmallshipadventures.com.
● SeaDream Yacht Club, the luxury mega-yacht line, is offering special inclusive prices on winter voyages in Southeast Asia. For example, a seven-day sojourn from Rangoon, Burma, to Singapore now starts at $3,999 per person double, plus $455 in taxes and fees; regular price is $6,400. Depart Dec. 14. A seven-day cruise from Singapore to Phuket, Thailand, is now $4,499, plus $455 taxes; regular rate is $6,900. Depart Dec. 21. Both trips are aboard the 112-passenger SeaDream II. Info: 800-707-4911, www.seadream.com.
● Abercrombie & Kent has last-minute fall savings of up to 50 percent off 10 independent land and sea adventures. A five-night Galapagos Islands cruise now starts at $2,445 per person double, down from $2,895. Price includes land transfers, accommodations, most meals, entrance fees and excursions; add $150 in fuel surcharges and $535 for internal air. The ship sails round trip from Baltra Island. Depart Oct. 15, Nov. 12 or Dec. 10. For all deals, book by Sept. 25. Info: 888-785-5379, www.abercrombiekent.com.
● Book by Oct. 1 and save $400 on Friendly Planet’s Patagonian Explorer by Sea. With the discount, the 12-day package starts at $4,499 per person double and includes nonstop flights from Miami to Buenos Aires, with return from Santiago, Chile; all South American flights; transfers; hotels in Argentina and Chile; three-night cruise; nine breakfasts, three lunches and five dinners; taxes; and guided excursions, including Tierra del Fuego National Park. In addition, use coupon code WP092013 and save an extra $100. Depart March 21 or 28. Pay $300 for add-on fare from Washington Dulles. Info: 800-555-5765, www.friendlyplanet.com.
● Air Tahiti is offering a sale on flights from Washington to Tahiti. With the LA Cool to Tahiti Hot promotion, fly round trip from BWI Marshall or Washington Dulles to Los Angeles for $99, then fly nonstop to Papeete from $1,514, including taxes. The fare includes a free stopover in Los Angeles in either direction. Book by Nov. 18 for travel Nov. 1-Dec. 13 and Jan. 7- May 14. Holiday blackout dates apply. Fare on other airlines is typically from $1,900. Info: 877-824-4846, www.airtahitinui-usa.com/22cities2Tahiti.
● Earn up to two free nights with Marriott’s MegaBonus deal. To qualify for a gratis night, loyalty members (free to join) must register for the promotion by Nov. 15 and complete two stays at a participating property by Jan. 15. A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel. The free night applies to category 1-5 properties, such as the Edinburgh Marriott. The free night expires one year after date of issuance. Info: 888-236-2427, www.marriott.com.
● Colonial Williamsburg is offering older guests a deal on admission. Visitors 50 or older who purchase a single-day ticket by Oct. 31 will receive free admission for the rest of the year. The ticket costs $41.95. Deal is valid until Dec. 31. Info: 800-447-8679, www.colonialwilliamsburg.com.●