This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, on the central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica, is offering reduced rates, plus a resort credit, on bookings through Nov. 30. The deal starts at $149 a night, a 15 percent savings off the normal rate, and includes a $100 resort credit per stay. Add 13 percent taxes. Two-night minimum required. Stay May 1-Oct. 1. Request promo code ZXO. Info: 800-228-9290, www.marriott.com/sjols.
● ● Frontiers International Travel is offering savings on fishing trips at three lodges in Belize. On select dates through Dec. 21, the first person pays the single rate and the second traveler goes free at Turneffe Flats Lodge, El Pescador Resort or Belize River Lodge. Prices vary. For example, a four-night trip with lodging at Belize River Lodge, all meals, daily guided fishing trips, airport transfers and taxes starts at $2,610 for two people sharing a room, a savings of $1,366. Info: 800-245-1950, www.frontierstravel.com.
● Royal Caribbean is offering savings of 50 percent for the second passenger sharing a cabin on select Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific cruises. The deal applies to 50 cruises departing Jan. 12, 2014, through April 19, 2015. For example, a 10-night Tasmania cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas, which sails round trip from Sydney on Feb. 7, 2015, is $1,479 for the first passenger and $680 for the second passenger. Add port charges of $118 each. Book by Oct. 31. Info: 866-562-7625, www.royalcaribbean.com.
● Virgin America has a sale on flights from Washington Dulles to several West Coast destinations, such as San Diego, San Francisco, Las Vegas and Palm Springs, Calif. For example, round-trip air to Seattle starts at $262, including taxes; by comparison, other airlines are charging from $327. For all flights, travel Oct. 25-Feb. 28 and book at least 21 days in advance. Lowest fares may fall on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Holiday blackout dates apply. Info: www.virginamerica.com.
● Aer Lingus is offering a Celebrate St. Patrick’s Month sale to Dublin and Shannon for travel in March. Round-trip fare from Washington Dulles to Dublin starts at about $683, including taxes; fare on other airlines starts at about $727. Travel Monday through Thursday March 1-31 for the cheapest fares; some dates are sold out. Saturday-night minimum stay required. The airline is also offering winter sale fares starting at $667 round trip from Washington Dulles to Dublin; travel Nov. 5 through Feb. 28. Book both sales by Oct. 16 at www.aerlingus.com.
● Great Value Vacations is offering savings on its four-night Scottish Whisky Break tour. The trip now starts at $1,477 per person double and includes round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles to Edinburgh; four nights at the Crowne Plaza Edinburgh — The Roxburghe Hotel; a visit to the Scotch Malt Whisky Society, with dinner and whisky tasting; day-long tour of the surrounding countryside, including a stop at Dewar’s World of Whisky at the Aberfeldy Distillery; 24-hour Edinburgh City Tour bus ticket; daily Scottish breakfast; one afternoon tea; airport transfers; and taxes. Available Nov. 1 through April 30, with lowest prices on select January departures. Priced separately, trip in January would cost about $384 more per couple. No deadline to book, but package is based on availability. Info: 800-896-4600, www.greatvaluevacations.com.
●Save hundreds on a trip to South Africa with the Mervis Diamond South Africa Tour and Safari, which has partnered with South African Vacations for the 10-day package. The trip — led by, yes, Ronnie Mervis of sparkler fame — starts at $4,657 per person double and includes round-trip air on South African Airways from Washington Dulles to Cape Town; accommodations at the five-star Table Bay Hotel in Cape Town; lodging at Kapama River Lodge, near Kruger National Park, plus two game drives per day; most meals; tours, including Robben Island, wine country and a full-day Cape Peninsula excursion; airport transfers; and all fees and taxes. Depart Feb. 20. By comparison, the airfare and Cape Town hotel alone cost more than $3,000. Info: 855-359-7228, www.mervisdiamond.com/safari.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.