This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
●Richmond’s Virginia Museum of Fine Arts has teamed up with hotels and Amtrak to offer package deals in conjunction with its Hollywood Costume exhibit, which runs from Nov. 9 to Feb. 17. For example, the J efferson Hotel’s Hollywood Package starts at $285 (plus $39 tax), a savings of 40 percent, and includes one night in a superior room, traditional Southern breakfast for two (including gratuity), two tickets to the exhibit and valet parking. Holiday blackout dates apply. Info: 804-788-8000, www.jeffersonhotel.com. Amtrak Vacations’ Hollywood Costume Getaway starts at $379 per person double and includes round-trip train ticket from Union Station to Richmond (normally from $50 round trip); three nights at the Omni Richmond (usually $209 a night); dinner at the Tobacco Company; downtown trolley tour; ticket to the exhibit ($20); and taxes. Info: 800-268-7252, www.amtrakvacations.com. The exhibit, organized by the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, displays more than 100 iconic movie costumes.
● La Casa del Zorro, a historic resort in Borrego Springs, Calif., is offering an introductory rate to celebrate its reopening. A deluxe room, with breakfast for two, starts at $189 (plus $40 tax and resort fee) for most dates through Dec. 30 — a savings of $173. Request promo code LEGEND. The 42-acre property, built in 1937, is next to Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. Info: 760-767-0100, www.lacasadelzorro.com. ●
● Premier River Cruises is offering $500 per-person savings on 2014 AmaWaterways cruises commemorating the 70th anniversary of D-Day. The seven-night cruise starts at $2,599 per person double, plus $161 port charges, for the April 10, Nov. 6 and Nov. 27 departures; usual rate starts at $3,099, plus port charges. Military personnel and veterans receive an additional $200 discount. The deal also includes prepaid shipboard tips, a savings of about $175 per person. The cruise, which sails round trip from Paris on the Seine River, offers free daily shore excursions, including a full-day D-Day Remembered tour. Book by Nov. 15. Info: 855-255-1200, www.premierrivercruises.com.
● Frontier has a Halloween Sale on flights from Reagan National to Denver, Kansas City and Omaha. Round-trip air to Kansas City, for instance, starts at $138, including taxes; fares on other airlines start at $150 for connecting service. Flights to Denver start at $239; other carriers charge closer to $300 for connecting flights. Book by Oct. 31; travel by Dec. 13. Cheapest fares fall on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Info: www.flyfrontier.com.
● AirTran and Southwest have a sale on fall and winter domestic travel. For example, fly nonstop from BWI Marshall to Las Vegas on either carrier starting at $240 round trip, including taxes. Travel Tuesdays and Wednesdays through March 12, except holiday blackout dates. Ten-day advance purchase required. Book by Nov. 4 at www.southwest.com or www.airtran.com.●
● Skican is offering a ski package to Whistler Blackcomb in British Columbia. The deal starts at $1,595 per person double (depart Jan. 7-8) and includes round-trip air from BWI Marshall to Vancouver; seven nights at the Listel Hotel in Whistler village; five-day lift ticket to both mountains; transfers to/from Whistler; and all taxes except the 5 percent GST. Valid through March 4; prices vary by date. By comparison, the air and lift tickets alone cost more than $1,000. Info: 888-475-4226, www.skican.com.
● Gate 1 Travel is offering savings of $230 per person on its escorted Panama & Costa Rica tour. The 10-night trip starts at $1,624 per person double and includes round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles to Panama City, with return from San Jose, Costa Rica; one-way flight from Panama City to San Jose: lodging in four hotels; 13 meals; land transportation; several tours; transfers; and taxes. Cheapest rate is available on select departures in May and August. Book by Oct. 28 and request promo code WPPCR230. Info: 800-682-3333, www.gate1travel.com.●
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.