This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
●With the Winter Break promotion, save up to 30 percent at 74 Kempinski luxury hotels in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Prices and minimum-stay requirements vary. For example, a five-night stay in January at the Kempinski Hotel Das Tirol, next to the Kitzbühel ski area in Austria, starts at about $2,320 per couple, a savings of $560. Travel through March 15. Info: 800-426-3135, www.kempinski.com.
● At Antlers at Vail, in the Lionshead area facing Colorado’s Vail Mountain, stay at least one night in December and pay $99 for a return visit in the spring. Rates in December start at $285 per night, plus about 10 percent tax. Book at least three nights and pay from $199 a night (plus tax) for a one-bedroom condominium, a 30 percent savings. The special spring rate is valid April 7 through June 15; tax is additional. Info: 800-843-8245, www.antlersvail.com.
● Northstar Lodging in Lake Tahoe, Calif., is offering a stay-and-ski-free package during off-peak periods. Book at least two nights in a Northstar condominium and receive two lift tickets per night. For example, two nights in a studio condo in late March costs $686 per couple, including taxes (add $10 resort fee per night) and lift tickets at Northstar (normally from $90 each). Valid through Dec. 19 and March 23-April 20. Info: 855-265-9150, www.northstarcalifornia.com.
● American Cruise Lines is offering free shore excursions and early-booking discounts on its 2014 Mississippi River cruises. The special includes seven-night itineraries aboard the Queen of the Mississippi paddlewheeler. Discounted prices start at $3,795 per person double, plus $250 port charges. The shore excursions, such as the Battle of Vicksburg tour in Mississippi, are valued at about $300 per person. For early-booking discount, reserve three months in advance; for the free shore excursion package, book by Dec. 25. Info: 800-814-6880, www.americancruiselines.com.
● Aer Lingus is offering sale fares to Ireland. Round-trip fare from Washington Dulles to Shannon, for example, is $699, including taxes, for travel Jan. 20 through March 27. Fare on other airlines starts at about $760. Saturday-night stay required, and blackout dates apply. Book by Dec. 4 at www.aerlingus.com.
● Skican is offering ski package deals to Whistler Blackcomb in Canada. The deal starts at $1,595 per person double for departures on Jan. 7 or 8, and includes round-trip airfare from BWI Marshall to Vancouver, seven nights at the Listel Hotel Whistler, five-day dual-mountain lift ticket, airport transfers and most taxes. Other departure dates are available at slightly higher rate. Pay by check and deduct an additional $50 per person. Priced separately, the trip would cost about $1,860 per person. Based on availability. Info: 888-475-4226, www.skican.com.
● Club Med is offering ski packages to resorts in the French Alps, including Valmorel and Chamonix. A seven-night stay starts at $2,999 per person double and includes round-trip air from Washington to Geneva; transfers to the resort; accommodations at an all-inclusive property; ski passes and guide; all food and drinks; and on-site activities and entertainment. Prices vary per resort. For instance, a week in La Plagne, France, starts at $7,065 per couple and includes round-trip nonstop air from Washington Dulles (typically from $1,000), lodging at La Plagne 2100 and Club Med membership fee ($60 each). Valid Dec. 22-April 27 for La Plagne; other packages run from early or mid-December through late April. Based on availability. Info: 888-932-2582, www.clubmed.us.●
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.