This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● The Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina, a Hyatt Regency property in Cambridge, Md., is offering every third consecutive night free through Dec. 30. The Sunshine on Sale promo also includes daily breakfast for two. Savings vary. For instance, a king or double room in early February starts at $146 a night, plus $27 resort fee and 13.5 percent taxes; in early June, the rate is $253, plus taxes. The free night is deducted at checkout. Based on availability. Use promo code 40492. Info: 410-901-1234, www.chesapeakebay.hyatt.com.
● The Mountain Top Inn & Resort in Chittenden, Vt., has a winter package for alpine and Nordic skiers. A two-night stay costs $480 per couple Sunday-Thursday and $630 on weekends, and includes accommodations in a classic lodge room (normally from $245), daily country breakfast, daily pass for the resort’s cross-country ski trails (value of $20), two $50 credits toward a lift ticket at Killington Resort (ticket window price: $80) or Pico Mountain (from $52), shuttle to/from either ski resort, use of resort facilities (fitness center, sledding hill, ice skating rink, etc.), and taxes and resort fee. Other lodging options are also available, such as a one-room mountain cabin (from $640), a luxury lodge room (from $740) and a suite (from $930). Valid through March 31; February blackout dates apply. Info: 802-483-2311, www.mountaintopinn.com.
● El Tovar Hotel on the south rim of the Grand Canyon is offering sale rates during its renovation. The Raise the Roof sale applies to stays through March 6, except blackout dates of Feb. 14-16. Discounted rate starts at $139, including taxes, a savings of $60. The historic hotel, which opened in 1905, is undergoing roof replacement and structural work on its terrace level. Info: 888-297-2757, www.grandcanyonlodges.com.
● Cunard is offering free cabin upgrades and gratuities plus reduced deposits on select voyages. Value varies by itinerary and sailing date. On Europe cruises, balcony cabins are now the same rate as inside cabins. For example, a seven-night Pearls of the Adriatic cruise on the Queen Elizabeth departing Civitavecchia, Italy, on June 20 now starts at $1,349 per person double (plus $67 port charges) for a balcony cabin, a savings of about $200; gratuities are valued at $81 per person and deposit is now reduced to $150 per person (usual requirement is 25 percent). Book the Royal Upgrade Celebration sale by Feb. 28. Info: 800-468-7752, www.cunard.com.
● Virgin America has a sale on flights from Washington (Dulles and Reagan National) to West Coast destinations, including San Francisco, Las Vegas, Portland and Palm Springs, Calif. For example, round-trip air from Washington Dulles to Seattle starts at $262, including taxes; other airlines charge from $310. Book 21 days in advance and travel Jan. 11-March 5. For lowest fares, travel Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday. Blackout dates apply. Info: www.virginamerica.com.
● South African Airways has sale fares from Washington Dulles to Johannesburg. Round-trip fare for departures Jan. 15 through Feb. 28 is $1,052, including taxes; usual fare is about $1,228. Book by Jan. 15. Info: 800-722-9675, www.flysaa.com.
● Gate 1 Travel is offering savings of $460 per person on an escorted 10-night tour of Albania, Montenegro, Croatia and Slovenia. Package starts at $2,596 per person double and includes round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles to Tirana, Albania, with return from Venice; 10 nights’ lodging in six locations; 17 meals; daily sightseeing tours; transportation; tour guides; airport transfers; and taxes. Lowest price is for April 28 departure, but savings also apply to other dates. Book by Jan. 6. Info: 800-682-3333, www.gate1travel.com. Request promo code DLAMCS460.