This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Amtrak has discounted long-distance train travel by up to 20 percent. A sampling of one-way Winter Sale fares from Washington: Orlando, $97 (regularly $121); Miami, $110 (vs. $137); Atlanta, $91 (vs. $114); Charleston, $78 (vs. $97); and Toledo, Ohio, $57 (vs. $71). The sale is valid on all 15 long-distance trains, including Crescent, Cardinal, Capitol Limited, Empire Builder and Auto Train. Book at least seven days in advance by Jan. 27; travel Jan. 22-April 16. Blackout dates apply. Info: 800-872-7245, www.amtrak.com.
● With Marriott’s Megabonus promotion, earn a free night after two paid stays. The deal applies to rewards members (free to join) who register by March 31 and complete two stays at a participating property between Feb. 1 and April 30. (Definition of a “stay”: consecutive nights spent at the same hotel.) Guests can redeem the free night at a category 1-4 hotel (e.g., the Inn at Opryland, a Gaylord Hotel in Nashville; Springhill Suites Los Angeles; and Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel) within a year of the date of issuance. Earn up to two free nights. Info: 888-627-7468; www.marriott.com.
● General Tours World Traveler is offering savings of $1,000 per couple or $500 per solo traveler on any 2014 trip. Deal is good on tours paid in full at time of booking (no later than Jan. 31), and extends to small group journeys, private tours and small ship cruises. Prices vary by trip. For example, a seven-night Treasures of Nicaragua small-group tour, which has a maximum of 16 participants and includes lodging, 12 meals, land transportation, guide, sightseeing and taxes, now starts at $2,099 per person double or $2,499 per single, a savings of $500 from the regular price. Info: 800-221-2216, www.generaltours.com.
● Cunard is offering a trio of perks with its Royal Upgrade Celebration deal. Book by Feb. 28 and receive a free upgrade (double upgrade offered on Europe cruises) and gratuities, plus reduced deposit ($150 per person; usually 25 percent of fare). Promotion applies to Europe, New England/Canada, Caribbean and transatlantic cruises, as well as Grand Voyages. For example, on the seven-night June 13 crossing from New York to Southampton, England, aboard the Queen Mary 2, book a balcony stateroom from $1,549 per person double for the same rate as an oceanview cabin, for a savings of $200 per person. Also included: gratuities worth $11.50 per person per day. Add about $70 in taxes and fees. On the 12-night Mediterranean Idyll aboard the Queen Elizabeth, departing Southampton on June 8, a balcony starts at $2,549 per person double, the same price as an inside cabin, for a savings of $900 per person. Add $119 in taxes. Use promo code R2W. Info: 800-728-6273, www.cunard.com.
● Celebrity Cruises is offering promotions for cruises departing February 2014 through March 2015. The 123go! deal gives passengers a choice of free beverage package for two, valued at $88 per day; gratuities worth $30 per couple per day; or onboard credit of between $100 and $300 per cabin, depending on cruise length. Europe cruise-goers get an extra bonus, receiving two of the three options. Also, third and fourth passengers in a stateroom each receive free non-alcoholic beverage package, valued at about $16 per person per day, and 38-minute Internet package, worth $25 per person. Book by Feb. 28. Details: 800-647-2251, www.celebritycruises.com/123.
● American Airlines is offering a sale on domestic flights. For example, round-trip fare from Reagan National to Raleigh-Durham is $170; other airlines are matching, but fare typically starts at about $306. Sale applies to travel Tuesdays and Wednesdays for all destinations except Florida, where sale is good for Sunday through Wednesday arrivals and Tuesday through Friday departures. Travel must be completed by May 21; blackout date is Feb. 17. A 14-day advance purchase is required. Purchase by Jan. 20 at www.aa.com.
● The Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board is now offering its Instant Savings deal, with savings of $250 per reservation, for travel through Aug. 31. Buy round-trip airfare and stay for at least four nights at any of 16 properties and receive a $250 per-booking discount. Participating properties include Atlantis, Sandals Royal Bahamian and Wyndham Nassau Resort. For example, after the $250 discount, the price for a package in early March that includes round-trip air from BWI Marshall to Nassau and four nights at the Wyndham Nassau Resort starts at $693 per person double. Book by Feb. 17. Blackout dates are April 10-26. Use promo code SAVE250A for travel through April 9 and SAVE250B for April 27-Aug. 31. Info: www.nassauparadiseisland.com/save-250.
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.