This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Baltimore is offering a slew of discounts on dining, lodging and attractions with its Absolutely Febulous promotion, held Feb. 14-23. For example, during Restaurant Week (Feb. 16-23), nearly 100 restaurants have prepared $20 or $30 three-course menus or $15 two-course brunch or lunch options. For accommodations, book a hotel through Visit Baltimore and receive a buy-one-get-one-free Harbor Pass (value: $50) or a Legends and Legacies Heritage Pass ($20), plus a $25 Visa gift card for a one-night stay or a $50 gift card for two or more nights. Participating hotels include Pier 5 Hotel (from $149), Lord Baltimore (from $89) and Monaco Baltimore (from $199). In addition, save up to 30 percent on Amtrak companion fare to Baltimore. With the discount, the fare for two starts at $27 from Union Station; value fare is normally $16 each. Book at least three days in advance by Dec. 16 at www.amtrak.com/visitbaltimore; travel through Dec. 19 (blackout dates apply). Info: www.absolutelyfebulous.com.
●Book a weekend stay and get a 50 percent discount on the second night at the Sagamore Resort on Lake George in New York’s Adirondack Mountains. Savings vary by room type and dates. For example, rate for a king room with a lake view in early March is normally $199 a night, plus $49 taxes, for a total savings of $123 for a two-night stay. The Winter Savings Deal applies to Friday and Saturday stays through April 30 and is based on availability. Info: 866-385-6221, www.thesagamore.com.
● With Blount Small Ship Adventures, save 40 percent on a pair of Southern itineraries this spring. The eight-day Southern Antebellum cruise now starts at $1,199 per person double (plus $140 port fees), an $800 savings. The Grande Mariner sails from Jacksonville, Fla., to Charleston, S.C., on May 1 and 20, and reserves course May 11 and 29. The 16-day Mississippi and Tenn-Tom Waterway cruise starts at $2,999 per person double (plus $255 fees), a savings of $2,000. The Grande Caribe sails round trip from New Orleans on April 10 and 27. Price includes three daily meals, refreshments and snacks 24 hours a day, and free wine and beer with lunch and dinner. Info: 888-618-4770, www.blountsmallshipadventures.com.
● Star Clippers is offering savings of up to 50 percent on nine Grand Voyages, plus free round-trip airfare. The voyages in the eastern and western Mediterranean and North Africa depart April through October and last from 12 to 17 nights. For example, on May 3, the Star Flyer sails from Malaga, Spain, to Cannes, France; the 14-night cruise starts at $3,963 per person double (including taxes and fees), a 45 percent savings. Round-trip air from Washington to the European departure/disembarkation ports is included. On April 16, the Star Clipper departs Lisbon for a 17-day sail to Athens; fares start at $4,434 per person double (half off the regular rate) and include airfare. Info: 800-442-0551, www.starclippers.com.
● Princess Cruises is offering reduced fares, shore excursion credits of up to $200 per stateroom, a bottle of wine and a framed portrait on more than 200 Caribbean, Alaska and Europe cruises. For example, an 11-night Mediterranean and Canary Islands cruise sailing round trip from Southampton, England, on May 31 now starts at $1,099 per person double, a savings of $100; the value of the excursion credit, wine and photo is $280 per couple. Book the 3 for Free promotion by Feb. 28. Info: 800-774-6237, www.princess.com.
● SAS is offering sale fares for summer travel to Europe. For example, the nonstop fare from Washington Dulles to Copenhagen is $1,049 round trip, including taxes; connecting flights on other airlines start at $1,164. Depart May 16-Aug. 21 and complete travel by Aug. 31. Fly Monday through Thursday for cheapest fares. Saturday-night stay required. Book by Feb. 4 on www.flysas.com/us.
● Sceptre Tours is offering a new Irish Welcome Homes package that includes upscale B&B lodging at any of 100 handpicked properties across Ireland. Price varies. For example, an Irish Welcome Vacation departing on select dates in March starts at $1,653 per person double and includes round-trip air from Reagan National to Shannon, one night at the Strand Hotel in Limerick, a voucher for four nights at an Irish Welcome Homes property, one night at the Dromoland Castle in Newmarket-on-Fergus, automatic car rental for duration of trip, several tours, breakfasts and taxes. Seven-day advance purchase required. Priced separately, the package costs about $120 more. Info: 800-221-0924, www.sceptretours.com/irishwelcomehomes.
Carol Sottili, Andrea Sachs
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Restrictions such as blackout dates and advance purchase may apply.