This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● To celebrate baseball season, Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants is taking 15 percent off rates on hotels near baseball parks. The Baseball for All promo runs through Sept. 28 and features such hotels as Boston’s Nine Zero (two miles from Fenway Park), Monaco Chicago (five miles from Wrigley Field) and Seattle’s Alexis Hotel (less than a mile from Safeco Field). Deal also includes free WiFi and $10 minibar/bar credit for Kimpton InTouch Members (free to join). Prices vary. For instance, on May 1, the night before the Cubs-Cardinals game in Chicago, a discounted room at the Burnham starts at $247, including taxes. Use promo code BASES. Info: www.kimptonhotels.com.
● For its 20th anniversary, the Park Hyatt Tokyo, a luxury property on the top floors of the Shinjuku Park Tower, has created several packages with savings of up to $4,000. For example, the With Pleasure deal includes a night in a diplomat suite; a bottle of champagne; dinner at the New York Grill, Girandole or Kozue; daily breakfast; round-trip transfer by private car within Tokyo or from/to Haneda airport, or one-way ride to Narita airport; and all taxes except for a $2 tax. Cost: $1,975 for two people, a savings of $4,152. Valid in July. The Friends in the Park, good through Dec. 19, costs about $650 per night (for up to three guests) and includes a night in a deluxe room or suite, daily breakfast at Girandole or room service, afternoon tea or evening snack plate, bottle of champagne, access to fitness and spa facilities, and all taxes except the $2 charge. Use promo code TYO161. Info: 877-875-4658, tokyo.park.hyatt.com.
● On April 19-20, opening weekend of National Park Week, the National Park Service will offer free admission to all parks, monuments, recreation areas, seashores and other sites. Among the 133 attractions that normally charge an entrance fee: Cape Cod National Seashore (usually $15 per car), Arches in Utah ($10 per car for a week); Harpers Ferry National Historical Park ($10 per car) and Yellowstone ($25 per car, plus $12 per person). The special also waives commercial tour fees and transportation entrance fees. Info: www.nps.gov/findapark/
●Rainforest Cruises has a sale on riverboat cruises on the Amazon. The deal applies to four-, five- and eight-day itineraries in Peru, Brazil and Ecuador. Various departure dates in April, May, June and August. For example, the four-day Delfin I cruise to Peru’s northern Amazon and the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve is now $3,275 per person double, down from $3,545. The April 28 cruise includes deluxe master suite accommodation with private whirlpool bath, all meals and alcoholic beverages (except premium brands); bilingual guides and excursions; park ticket; transfers; and taxes. Info: 727-498-0234, www.rainforestcruises.com.
● Qatar Airways has a sale on airfare from Washington Dulles to such far-flung destinations as India (Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai), Kenya (Nairobi) and Thailand (Bangkok). For example, round-trip air to Islamabad, Pakistan, starts at $809, including taxes; fares on other airlines start at about $1,000. Book by April 21; travel May 14 or 31, or June 6, depending on the city. Minimum seven-day stay required; weekend surcharge applies to Thursday-Saturday departures and Friday-Saturday returns. Info: www.qatarairways.com/
● Book by April 24 and save up to $800 per couple on SmarTours’ 11-day package to Colombia. With the discount, the Sept. 13 departure of the Discover Colombia tour costs $2,099 per person double; pay by check and save an additional $100. Price includes round-trip air from Miami to Bogota, with return from Cartagena; all transportation and transfers, including in-country flights; first-class lodging in Bogota, the Coffee Triangle, Medellin and Cartagena; 17 meals; guided tours and admission fees; and all taxes and fees. Round-trip air from Washington to Miami is not included; fall fares are usually about $220. Departures in October and November, plus winter dates in 2015, are available for a slightly higher rate. Info: 800-337-7773, www.smartours.com.
● With VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations, save up to $300 on nearly 40 cycling and walking vacations around the globe. For example, for the 10-day Sicily: Biking the Southern Coastal Villages, save $300 per person on the May and June departures and $200 on select October and November departures. Before the discount, the trip starts at $3,495 per person double and includes round-trip air from Washington to Sicily; eight nights in four-star hotels; 16 meals; transfers; bike and helmet rental; van support; sightseeing and cultural activities, such as a chocolate-making factory tour in Modica; and taxes. Book by April 25. Use promo code MAGZ107. Info: 800-245-3868, 800-245-3868, www.vbt.com.
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.