This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort, an all-inclusive property in Mexico’s Riviera Maya, is offering savings to celebrate the summer solstice. From June 15-30, the double occupancy rate starts at $182 a night, including taxes; usual rate is from $318. The deal also includes the resort’s Xcalacoco Experience, daily activities involving the local ecosystem and Mayan culture, with a special summer solstice event held June 22. Info: 866-336-4083, www.sandos.com.
● The Warwick Melrose Hotel, a luxury hotel in Dallas, is offering a special rate to celebrate its 90th anniversary. The discounted rate is $90 a night, plus about 15 percent tax; a traditional king room usually costs $499. The deal applies to select dates through December, including weekends and holidays. Info: 214-521-5151, warwickhotels.com/dallas.
● Chateau on the Lake Resort Spa & Convention Center, on Missouri’s Table Rock Lake, is offering a package with a resort credit, plus other perks. The Day on the Lake deal starts at $440 per room and includes two nights in a standard king or double queen room, $150 credit at Chateau Marina (good for water sports, such as snorkeling and fishing, and boat rentals, including pontoons, wave runners, etc.) and a picnic lunch for up to four people (valued at about $40). Add about 12 percent tax. Valid through Sept. 30. Info: 888-333-5253, www.chateauonthelake.com.
● American Queen Steamboat Co. is offering half-price fares and a free one-night hotel stay on select cruises departing in June. For example, a June 20 round-trip sail from Cincinnati now starts at $475 per person double (plus $59 taxes and port charges) and includes a pre-cruise night at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza ($227 value) and a three-night American Queen cruise on the Ohio River. Shore excursions, wine and beer with dinner, and transfer from hotel to boat are included. Info: 888-749-5280, www.americanqueensteamboatcompany.com.
● SATA Airlines has a sale fare of $658, including taxes, on round-trip flights from Boston to Lisbon. Travel Oct. 3-Dec. 14. Cheapest fare applies to passengers with one carry-on bag weighing no more than 18 pounds. Add the separately booked flight from Washington to Boston (about $175) for a total fare of $818 round trip. By comparison, the flight from Washington to Lisbon usually starts at $1,076. Book by May 31. Info: 800-762-9995, www.sata.pt/en.
●Air New Zealand has a sale on fall flights from California to Adelaide, the capital of South Australia. Round-trip fare from Los Angeles or San Francisco starts at $1,298, including taxes; fare on other airlines is about $1,600. Travel Monday through Thursday, Aug. 2-Sept. 30 and Oct. 14-Nov. 24. Flights from Washington to the West Coast are separate; fare is from $329. Info: www.airnewzealand.com/south-australia.●
● South African Airways Vacations is offering savings on select departures of its Luxury South Africa trip. The package now starts at $2,999 per person double (a savings of $570) and includes round-trip air from Washington to Cape Town; four nights’ lodging at One&Only Cape Town, including breakfasts and one dinner; three nights at the all-inclusive Shepherd’s Tree Game Lodge, with game drives; transfers; and taxes. Travel Aug. 11-Sept. 25; book by June 1. Info: 855-359-7228, www.flysaavacations.com.
Carol Sottili, Andrea Sachs
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.