This week’s best travel bargains around the globe
By Carol Sottili and Andrea Sachs,
●A second passenger saves 50 percent on a nine-night Antarctic Whale Photo Safari cruise aboard the 68-passenger Ocean Nova departing March 1. Adventure Life is offering the discounted cruise at $5,925 per person double, a savings of $3,950 per couple. The ship travels round trip from Ushuaia, Argentina. Book by Oct. 31. Info: 800-344-6118, www.adventure-life.com.
●Save up to 50 percent off brochure rates on Azamara Club Cruises’ Best of Brazil, Uruguay & Argentina cruise. An interior stateroom now starts at $2,586 per person double, including $337 port charges — a savings of $1,462. Cruise departs Rio de Janeiro on Jan. 5 and stops at ports in Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina before ending in Buenos Aires on Jan. 15. No booking deadline, but price is based on availability. Info: 877-999-9553, www.azamaraclubcruises.com.
● Hurtigruten is offering 30 percent savings on select 11-night Norwegian coast voyages departing November through March and sailing round trip from Bergen. Price varies by ship, cabin and travel date. For example, an inside cabin starts at $1,569 per person double (a $672 savings) for five sailings, including the Nov. 20 departure of the 822-passenger MS Trollfjord. Info: 877-301-3117, www.hurtigruten.us.
● Ka’ana Belize, a boutique resort in the Cayo district, is counting down the Mayan calendar with $100-per-night savings. Book a casita suite for four nights or longer and pay $275 a night; a four-night stay is $1,309, including taxes — a savings of $476. Book by Nov. 30; complete travel by Dec. 21. Info: 305-735-2553, www.kaanabelize.com/packages/calendar-countdown.
● The Westin Resort & Casino on Aruba, a Caribbean island outside the hurricane belt, is offering a dining credit based on the stormy season. With the Hurricane Free Escape, guests receive a $74 food and beverage credit — the number represents the minimum wind speed of a Category 1 hurricane — if it rains for more than three consecutive hours during any day of their trip. Rate from $181 per night, plus about 24 percent taxes, also includes daily breakfast for two at the Bon Bini Cafe and a 4 p.m. checkout. Valid through Nov. 30. Use promo code HURRICAN. Info: 877-782-0149 www.westinaruba.com/hurricane-guarantee-aruba.
● Air Tran has a systemwide sale on flights from BWI Marshall and Reagan National. For example, round-trip air from BWI to Fort Lauderdale starts at $118 (other airlines are charging from $180); BWI to Charlotte, from $136 (airlines are matching); and Reagan National to Milwaukee, from $156 (other carriers, from $175). Taxes included. Book by Sept. 28; travel by Feb. 14. Ten-day advance purchase required. Holiday blackout dates apply. Info: www.airtran.com.
● Save 40 percent on an eight-day winter package to Italy’s Amalfi Coast. The Central Holidays package starts at $1,999 per person double and includes round-trip air from New York’s JFK to Rome, with airport transfers; six nights at the Hotel Villa Romana in Minori; daily breakfast and dinner; cooking demo; walking tour of Minori (including a visit to a limoncello factory); and full-day excursions to Sorrento, Pompeii and Positano, to Paestum (including a tour of a buffalo mozzarella factory), to Capri, and to Amalfi and Ravello. Taxes included. Depart Dec. 2, Jan. 13, Feb. 3 or March 2. Two-week advance booking required. Info: 800-935-5000, www.centralholidays.com.
Carol Sottili, Andrea Sachs