This week’s best travel bargains around the globe
● Don’t sweat gas prices with a deal from Sterling Resorts, which manages v acation rentals along the Gulf Coast. With the Tanks for Staying promotion, valid at most of its Florida properties, receive a $50 gas credit on stays of at least three nights and a $100 credit on stays of at least a week. Rates vary. For example, a one-bedroom with a bunk room at Splash in Panama City Beach costs $637 for three nights, including taxes and fees. Travel April 9 through May 31. For the credit, you must present a gas receipt at the front desk. Use promo code TANKS when booking. Certain blackout dates and restrictions apply. Info: 877-418-0430, www.sterlingresorts.com.
● Gate 1 Travel is offering $60 off select departures of its Southwest USA: Zion, Sedona & Grand Canyon road trip. Pay $329 per person double (usually $389) for five nights’ lodging (two in Las Vegas; one in Springdale, Utah; and two in Flagstaff, Ariz.), including breakfast and parking; six-day car rental with unlimited mileage; and all fees and taxes. Pick up and return car in Vegas. Depart April through October. Book by March 26 using promo code DLZSG60. Info: 800-682-3333, www.gate1travel.com.
● The Curacao Tourist Board has extended its Curacao Now! promotion with bookings now valid through April 15 and travel through Dec. 31. With the deal, receive a $200 credit on stays of five nights or longer, plus a free fifth night and other discounts on tours and dives. Ten properties are participating, including the Avila Hotel, Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club, Hilton Curacao and Lions Dive & Beach Resort. Rates vary. For example, in early April, a room at Lodge Kura Hulanda, a restored Dutch village in Willemstad, starts at $147 a night, including taxes. Other perks include 20 percent off an island tour with Funbini and an offer to buy three days of two-tank dives and receive a free day of diving with Relaxed Guided Divers. Deal info: www.curacao.com/now. Curacao info: 800-328-7222, www.curacao.com.
●Southwest has a system-wide sale with one-way fares from $69, including taxes. Sample fares for nonstop round trips from BWI Marshall: to Louisville, $138 (other airline fares start at $200); to Detroit, $138 (Delta is matching); to Columbus, Ohio, $138 (normally from $220). Book at www.southwest.com by March 29; travel Tuesdays and Wednesdays, April 3 to June 27 (Florida travel is blacked out April 3-16). Info: 800-I-FLY-SWA (435-9792).
● Variety Cruises, a s mall-ship cruise line, is offering special deals for second passengers and singles on select departures through the year. Depending on the itinerary and date, cruisers will receive two-for-one fares and no single supplement, or a 50 percent discount for the second passenger and a 25 percent single supplement. For example, on the eight-day Romantic Rivieras trip aboard the new megayacht Variety Voyager, a Category C cabin costs $2,990 for the first person and $1,445 for the second, plus $350 each in port charges. Singles pay 25 percent of the fare, down from 50 percent, for a total of $3,738, plus port charges. The cruise, which travels round trip from Nice, is on sale July 14, 21 and 28, and Aug. 4, 11, 18 and 25. You must book and pay in full by April 13, except for the Arabian Journeys sailing, for which payment is due by July 1. Use code SPECIAL OFFER/APRIL 13. Info: 800-319-7776, www.varietycruises.com.
● Viking River Cruises has early-booking discounts on its 2013 voyages. For example, the November Portraits of Southern France sailings (eight days from Avignon to Chalon-sur-Saone) start at $1,356 per person double, with taxes, and includes air discounts of $500 per person: Round-trip air from Washington and transfers cost $895 per person instead of the usual $1,395. Book by March 31 using promo code 2013 EBD. Info: 800-707-8697, www.vikingrivercruises.com.
● The Bahamas Out Island Promotion Board is offering instant air credits when you book four or more nights at Bimini Bay Resort & Marina in the Bahamas. Stay four or five nights and receive a $250 credit per room, or book six nights or more and get $400. A six-night stay in late April runs $1,759 for two people, including round-trip air from BWI Marshall and taxes. By comparison, the typical price is $2,159. Book by May 14 using promo code 400BOISPRINGUS or 250BOISPRINGUS; travel April 15 to Oct. 31. Info: 888-891-2263, www.biminibayresort.com/rates-specials/air-credit.aspx.
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Please include your phone number and e-mail address. Prices were verified Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Restrictions such as blackout dates and advance purchase may apply.