This week’s best travel bargains around the globe
• Book five nights at the Nisbet Plantation Beach Club on the Caribbean island of Nevis and get half off the cost of a second room, a total discount of more than 25 percent. With the Family Getaway package, four people in two rooms for five nights starts at $5,533 through May 31 (normally $7,511) and $5,035 from June through October (normally $6,847). Price includes daily breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner; island tour with picnic lunch; rain forest hike or catamaran cruise; airport transfers; and taxes and fees. Book and travel by Oct. 31. Info: 800-742-6008, www.nisbetplantation.com.
• Spend two consecutive weekend nights at any IHG hotel and receive a $75 prepaid MasterCard. The Vacation Pay promo is valid Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights through Sept. 3. More than 4,500 hotels and all of the company’s brands — InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites — are participating. Up to $300 awarded. You must register at https://vacationpayregistration.ihg.com. Info: 877-424-2449, www.ichotelsgroup.com.
• REI Adventures is taking 20 percent off its Kilimanjaro Climb and Safari Extension trip departing Oct. 6. With the deal, the nine-day mountain climb in Tanzania costs $3,499 per person double; the usual cost is $4,399. The add-on safari goes for $2,899, down from $3,599. Travelers can opt for the climb only or the two adventures for $6,398. The nine-day climbing trip, rated strenuous, includes five nights in a mountain hut, three in a hotel and one day room; most meals; park fees; airport transfers; climbing guide, cook and porters; group camping gear; safari driver/guide; taxes; and tolls. The six-day “relaxed” safari visits the Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti National Park and Lake Manyara National Park, and includes accommodations (tents and lodge), meals, guides, transfers and more. Best rate is for REI members; a lifetime membership costs $20. Book by May 28. Info: 800-622-2236, www.rei.com/adventures.
• European Waterways is offering $1,000 off per cabin on cruises in France’s Alsace-Lorraine aboard its new 12-passenger hotel barge, Panache. The six-night cruises from Strasbourg to Mittersheim run mid-June through October and include all meals, open bar, daily excursions, and fees and taxes. Rates are $4,190 per person double (normally $4,690) for June, July, most of August and October; and $4,890 for late August and September (normally $5,390). Book by May 31. Info: 877-879-8808. www.gobarging.com.
• Variety Cruises, a small-ship cruise line, has specials on select 2012 and 2013 itineraries, including two-for-one rates and no single supplement, and half-price for the second passenger and 25 percent single supplement. Discounted sailings are for such destinations as G reece, the French and Italian Rivieras, the Seychelles, the Arabian Gulf and the rivers of West Africa. For example, the eight-day Romantic Rivieras, which sails round trip from Nice, France, starts at the two-for-one price of $2,990 per couple, plus $700 in port charges. The single supplement of 50 percent is waived. Depart July 14 or Aug. 11. Book by June 15 for all cruises except Arabian Journeys, Antiquity to Byzantium, and the Seychelles, which are available for bookings through Aug. 31. Use reference code SPECIAL OFFER/MAY 2. Info: 800-319-7776, www.varietycruises.com.
• AirTran has a sale on select flights from BWI Marshall. Round-trip bookings are not required. For example, for Key West, Fla., pay $169 out and $154 back, for a total of $323, including taxes; other airlines are charging from $434. For Bermuda, the flight out is $122 and the return is $176, for a total of $298; fare on other airlines starts at $412. Book by May 24; travel Tuesdays and Wednesdays through Nov. 2. Info: 800-247-8726, www.airtran.com.
• With Lion World Tours, save $900 off the regular price of a nine-day safari to Kenya. The company is also waiving the single supplement, normally $690. Starting at $2,899 per person double, the package includes round-trip air from Washington Dulles to Nairobi on Ethiopian Airlines, six nights’ luxury accommodations in Kenya, game viewing, guides, meals, transfers and taxes. Four departures in November. Info: 800-387-2706, www.lionworldtours.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.