* Federal and local government offices, schools, libraries and most banks will be closed on Thursday for the Thanksgiving Day holiday. Post offices are closed and no mail except for Express Mail will be delivered.
* Meters will not be enforced in the District, and there will be no parking fees in Montgomery or Prince George’s counties except for the New Carrollton garage and National Harbor. In the District, Arlington and Alexandria, holiday parking regulations are in place; rush-hour restrictions are lifted in D.C.
* Trash collections scheduled for Thursday in the District will be made Friday. In Anne Arundel, Howard and Montgomery, Thursday collections will be made Friday; Friday’s collections will be made Saturday. In Prince George’s, trash and recycling collections will be made the next regularly scheduled day. However, there will be regular pickups in Virginia, except for Fairfax city where pickups will be made Monday.
* Landfills are closed in Maryland and Virginia.
* Metrorail and Metrobus are on a Sunday schedule. Metrorail will run from 7 a.m. to midnight . There is no scheduled track work. MetroAccess will have regular service, but subscription trips are canceled. For more information, go to www.wmata.com.
* MARC, VRE, PRTC Omniride, The Bus, DASH, CUE and Loudoun Bus are not running. ART is running Routes 41 and 51 only on a Sunday schedule. Fairfax Connector and Ride On are running on a Sunday schedule. MTA Commuter Bus is running the Route 201 bus only on a holiday/weekend holiday schedule.