Lamp set off fire in Prince George’s apartment building, removing 24 from their homes

An apartment fire displaced 24 people in Beltsville during the holiday weekend, and a lamp is to blame for the blaze, officials said.

Prince George’s County fire fighters answered a call at 11338 Cherry Hill Road in Beltsville on Saturday. The fire started after a lamp in one of the apartments tipped over and set items in the home ablaze, fire officials reported.

There were no injuries in the incident, but the Beltsville Volunteer Fire Department is collecting donations for the families who could not return to their homes. To send donations, e-mail info@beltsvillevfd.com.

Lynh Bui is a Prince George's County public safety reporter and former Montgomery County education reporter.

local

crime

Success! Check your inbox for details. You might also like:

Please enter a valid email address

See all newsletters

Comments
Show Comments
Most Read Local

local

crime

Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters