A Molotov cocktail sparked a blaze that destroyed a van in a West Annandale driveway early Friday, Fairfax County fire officials said.
Firefighters found a Honda Odyssey fully engulfed in flames when they arrived at the home in the 9200 block of Ashmeade Drive about 1:35 a.m., fire officials said. Neighbors placed the 911 call.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze, but the van was a total loss estimated at $8,000. The fire also caused minor damage to a nearby garage. No one was injured in the blaze and the home was cleared to be reoccupied.
Fairfax County Fire Department spokesman Dan Schmidt said officials do not have a motive for the firebombing and no witnesses have come forward who saw the incident. The investigation is continuing.