A strip mall in Charles County was evacuated and part of a major road was shut Friday evening after a propane gas leak was discovered, authorities said.
Firefighters evacuated businesses in the 6400 block of Crain Highway just before 8 p.m., said Chief Matt Gilroy, of the LaPlata Volunteer Fire Department.
No injuries were reported. Officials said they cleared businesses and a home within 330 feet of the leaking propane tank, which was near a store.
Authorities closed the northbound lanes of Crain Highway between Charles and Hawthorne streets while repairs were made. No injuries were reported.