Maryland youth find strength in song and fellowship in wake of mass shooting in Connecticut.
This week's message from the pulpit
ESSAY: African American clergy encouraging congregants to not vote are missing the spiritual and social significance of casting a ballot.
- Black Democratic leaders voice dismay, outrage at rhetoric of GOP statewide candidate Jackson
- 2 UK government officials: Signs London attack was motivated by radical Islam
- Legal battle over contraceptive mandate intensifies
- Hard-line students in Afghanistan protest women's rights decree as un-Islamic, demand repeal
- Fine Print: For Senate panel, there’s power and limitations on Syria
- Text of atheist prayer given in Arizona House
- Arizona House member's atheist nod at prayer time sparks do-over from Christian lawmaker
- Roma, Lazio delegations meet Pope Francis at Vatican in peace bid ahead of Italian Cup final
- Faith-healing Philadelphia couple who lost 2 sons to pneumonia charged with 3rd-degree murder
- El Salvador president to meet Pope Francis amid beatification hopes for slain archbishop
See On Faith for a global conversation on religion and politics, including blogs Under God and Guest Voices.