1. Mixed use. BE Master NC Station, Rockville. A site plan was submitted for a mixed-use project that will include an office for the Maryland State Department of Housing and Community Development, 300 residential units and up to 200,000 square feet of commercial space. The development will be on 13.6 acres in the northeast quadrant of Lanham Drive West and Harkins Road, New Carrollton.
2. Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart Real Estate Trust, Bentonville, Ark. A special exception application was filed for a 185,898-square-foot Wal-Mart store on the east side of Route 301 and Mill Branch Road, Bowie. The store will be part of the new Mill Branch Crossing retail center.
3. Townhouse lots. Shelter Development, Baltimore. A site plan was submitted for 36 townhouse lots on 39.5 acres on both sides of Rochelle Avenue and Atwood Street, District Heights.
4. Townhouses. Walton Westphalia Development, Reston. A site plan was submitted for 348 townhouse units, part of the new Westphalia Town Center, that will sit on 90.2 acres on the north side of Route 4, west of Melwood Road, Upper Marlboro.
5. Medical office building. Dimensions Healthcare System, Cheverly. A site plan was submitted to convert a former nursing home into a 51,200-square-foot medical office building in the northeast corner of Baltimore-Washington Parkway and Landover Road, Cheverly.
6. Mixed use project. Metropolitan Development, Vienna. A site plan amendment was submitted to show a new design for a College Park project. The new plan is for 224 apartment units, 55 townhouses and 3,995 square feet of retail space on 4.2 acres in the southeast corner of Route 1 and Cherokee Street, College Park.
7. Apartments. Carmel Partners, Denver. A building permit application was submitted to convert commercial space and construct 39 residential apartment units at 4400 Telfair Blvd., Suitland.
8. Church. Washington Church of the New Jerusalem, Bowie. A building permit application was submitted to build a $13 million church at 11914 Chantilly Lane, Mitchellville.
9. Building alterations. Clune Construction Co., McLean. A building permit application was submitted to make $700,000 in interior alterations to the Recall Information Management building at 1501 Cabin Branch Dr., Landover.
10. Retail and hotel. Keane Enterprises, Ashburn. A site plan was approved to redevelop the former Koons auto dealership into 24,530 square feet of retail space and a 156-room hotel. The site is in the northeast corner of Baltimore Avenue and Berwyn House Road, College Park.
11. Senior center and day care. Presidential Care, the District. A preliminary plan of subdivision was approved to build a 65,000-square-foot building for a senior center and day-care center on 7.9 acres on the east side of Lottsford Vista Road, between Linda Vista and Vista Grande Drives, Lanham.
12. Car wash. Interstate Farmington, Rockville. A site plan was approved for a new car wash facility on 2.64 acres in the northeast quadrant of Indian Head Highway and Farmington Road, Accokeek.
13. Outlet center. Peterson Cos., Fairfax. A building permit was issued to begin tenant improvements at the Tanger Outlets project at 6800 Oxon Hill Rd., Oxon Hill. The outlet is slated to open in November.