1. Senior housing. Conifer Realty, Columbia. A detailed site plan was submitted for a 120-unit affordable senior housing building on 4.87 acres at 2011 Brooks Dr., near Pennsylvania Avenue, District Heights.
2. Subdivision. Timothy Brandywine Investments One, Crofton. A conceptual design plan was approved for 1,069 residential units, including single-family homes, apartments and townhouses. The subdivision will be located on 262 acres along the east side of Route 301, on the south side of Short Cut Road, Brandywine.
3. Chick-Fil-A, Atlanta. A site plan was approved for a 5,000-square-foot restaurant in the northwest quadrant of East West Highway and Toledo Road, Hyattsville.
4. Safeway. Echo Realty, the District. A detailed site plan was approved for a 52,105-square-foot grocery store, plus 33,419 square feet of retail and office space, on 3.49 acres on East West Highway, just east of Belcrest Rd., Hyattsville.
5. Townhomes. Walton Westphalia Development, Reston. A site plan was approved for 348 townhouses on the north side of Route 4, west of Melwood Road. The homes are the first phase of the larger Westphalia Town Center.
6. Student housing. Toll Brothers, Horsham, PA. A detailed site plan was approved to redevelop the existing Knox Box apartments into a student housing complex with 445 new units, including 12,325 square feet of retail space. The complex will be on Guilford and Knox Roads, College Park.
7. Community building. Arden Pointe, Rockville. A detailed site plan was approved to add a 3,319-square-foot community building for the Arden Pointe apartments. The 45-acre complex is at 13301 Arden Way, Laurel.
8. 24-Hour Fitness. Petrie Ross Ventures, Annapolis. A plan was approved for additional retail space at the entrance of the Woodmore Towne Center. The developer proposed one building for a 24-Hour Fitness facility and room on the site for two additional retailers on the 7.6 acre property, in the northwest quadrant of Ruby Lockhart Boulevard and St. Joseph’s Drive, Glenarden.
9. Gas station. Southern Maryland Oil, La Plata. A special exception application was approved to raze a gas station and build one with a convenience store on 1.6 acres at 6000-6004 Sandy Spring Road, Laurel.
10. Golf clubhouse. Toll Brothers, Horsham, PA. A building permit was issued for a $1.5 million clubhouse for the Oak Creek golf course. The clubhouse will be at 600 Bowieville Manor Lane, Bowie.
— Compiled by Jillian S. Jarrett