Damage and power outages from Friday night’s storm have caused cancellations and delays to various events around the Washington region:
• The Smithsonian Folklife Festival, held at the National Mall, is closed Saturday due to tent damage. Members of the public are not supposed to enter the area while the extent of the damage is being assessed. Officials said the planned evening concert will be held indoors in the Baird Auditorium at the National Museum of Natural History.
• The AT&T National golf tournament, being held at Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, has been delayed until 1 p.m. No fans or volunteers will be allowed on the course Saturday because of the large number of downed trees and hanging limbs.
• The Launch Zone at the National Children’s Museum in Oxon Hill, Md., is closed due to loss of power. The Trader Center opening has been delayed.
• The YMCA at Potomac Overlook is closed Saturday. The Silver Springs and Arlington locations, including the Arlington Tennis and Squash Center, may be affected by loss of power and phone lines are not responding. The Alexandria YMCA, which has an indoor pool, is open.
• All Prince George’s County libraries are closed Saturday except the Accokeek, Bladensburg, Beltsville, Hyattsville, Largo-Kettering and Laurel branches.