Pat Nowakowski had led the effort to build the rail line since construction began in 2009, and the Metro board acknowledges that attempts to fix a key component of the new line have failed.
Single mothers, translators and students are among those turning the family ride into a profit center.
- Read more transporation and development news
- Silver Line project manager and Metro’s chief financial officer resign
- D.C. considers toll lanes for 14th Street Bridge
- Peak Beltway HOT lanes toll tops $11
Solid waste will be treated at a high temperature, and methane from the process will generate electricity.
Hundreds of speakers at Silver Line stations have to be replaced because they do not meet fire code.
- Read more transportation and development news:
- Meet the man standing between you and “a Black Plague type situation”
- Suspended Virginia road project draws scrutiny
- The nightmare that is the D.C. DMV