Happy Independence Day, everyone! I hope most of you have tomorrow off and that everyone has a chance to enjoy some great weather, relax with the people they love and eat something delicious. In keeping with the national holiday, our question of the day is: What is your favorite piece of pop culture that you consider most quintessentially American? The response does not have to be particularly patriotic. I am going with professional wrestling.
• Speaking of which, the idea that John Cena is going to be in a movie with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler is just too delightful for words.
• You can buy Laura Palmer’s house from “Twin Peaks,” if your taste in real estate runs to the extremely unsettling.
• The quest to organize folks working in reality television heats up again.
• I’m looking forward to reading Ruben Castenada’s book about Washington, D.C.’s S Street and his own addiction.
• The Chinese actresses you are going to see more of in summer blockbusters.
• Katherine Heigl on how over-committing to romantic comedies hurt her career.
• We need to continue the campaign for Maisie Williams and Rory McCann to star together on “True Detective.” Or a buddy comedy. Or anything.
• The economic decline of Hollywood comedies.
• Someone please explain to me how you could do a “Game Of Thrones”-themed wedding without being incredibly anxious the whole time.