Animal control workers on Thursday caught a poisonous albino cobra on the loose in Thousand Oaks, Calif., the Los Angeles CBS affiliate reports.
A dog in the neighborhood that suffered a snake bite on Monday was taken to a clinic and has since been released with a bandaged neck, the Los Angeles Times reported.
“This is a venomous and very dangerous animal that the public should not approach for any reason,” a Los Angeles County official told ABC News.
In fact, a bite from the cobra can kill a person within an hour, depending on his or her immune system, Alfred Aguirre, a Los Angeles animal control officer told the Los Angeles Times. Aguirre had advised residents to keep all dogs inside, from Chihuahuas to Great Danes.
But, as CBS points out, dogs can now roam free:
The 5-foot-snake hails from Southeast Asia. It’s still unclear just who let the cobra out — who, who, who, who, who?