Some top Clinton allies, aides and fundraisers contributed to the super PAC wooing Hillary Clinton to run for president in 2016.
Among the donors on the list released Wednesday by the super PAC, Ready for Hillary, are top Clinton adviser Harold Ickes ($2,500), top Clinton bundler Susie Tompkins Buell ($25,000) and Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen ($1,000).
Other notables include:
- Former Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm ($500)
- Celinda Lake, Democratic pollster who worked for Joe Biden in 2008 ($1,000)
- Jerry Lundergan, the father of new Kentucky Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes ($25,000)
- Ellen Tauscher, former California congresswoman and under secretary of state ($2,500)
- Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers ($1,000)
- James Zogby, president of the Arab American Institute ($1,000)
Another top Clinton adviser, James Carville, has sent a fundraising e-mail for the super PAC.
Ready for Hillary is limited donations to $25,000, even though it can accept unlimited donations as a super PAC. It raised $1.25 million in the first half of 2013, including $1 million in June.