It’s mid-August, which means you’ve almost survived the summer wedding season – and probably have some stories you’re dying to get off your chest. Luckily, the Wedding Hootenanny is upon us. Come join the now-annual tradition where we get together to swap our craziest wedding stories and to share advice for navigating difficult wedding situations.
At last year’s Wedding Hoot we heard about a mother-in-law who didn’t like the invitations, so she sent out her own. And we met a guest who RSVP-ed that they’d be happy to attend … along with their plus 15.
This year’s chat takes place live at noon on Friday, Aug. 15. Bring your questions and comments about getting through the wedding season, and your best wedding stories and traditions.
We’re also bringing back a crucial component of the Hootenanny chats – a live soundtrack of the most beloved and reviled wedding songs, curated by you. While you watch the live chat, open up a new tab in your browser and join us at plug.dj. Instructions are below and you can log in any time to start building your wedding playlist.
Hope to see you there!
- – -
How to listen to the soundtrack:
1. Go to plug.dj and log into your account or create a new account using your email or Facebook (plug.dj will not post anything to your account).
2. Once you are logged in, you can use this link to navigate to our community. You can also find it by searching the communities for “Hax Hootenanny Soundtrack.”
3. Music should begin playing once the room loads. You can mute it at any time by clicking the speaker icon.
4. You can control the way you appear in the chat box and on the “dance floor” by clicking on your profile in the lower right of the screen to change your name and the avatar icon to change your avatar.
5. If you like a song, click the “Woot!” button at the bottom. If you dislike it, click the “Meh” button to let the DJs know.
How to DJ:
1. You’ll need to add songs to your playlist first. Click the list icon in the lower left of the screen. It should open a panel where you can search YouTube or Soundcloud for songs. Scroll over the song name and click the plus sign to add it to your playlist.
2. Once you’ve added a few songs to your playlist, click the button to join the DJ wait list. This adds you to the DJ queue. The first song in your playlist will play when it is your turn. We reserve the right to skip your song or remove you from the room if you play anything inappropriate. Or if you play the same song over and over (seriously, we all love the Village People, but “YMCA” gets old after the hundredth time).
3. If you’re a responsible DJ, we’ll bump you up to moderator status so you can help us keep the music running smoothly.
If you have any trouble, let us know in the comments for this post. We’ll be watching them so we can try to help.