- Inside the mind of James Clapper.
- In Utah, military weapons are now being used to guard the schools.
- Surveillance video shows NYPD cops driving the wrong way down a one-way street, side-swiping an SUV, then attempting to frame a man sitting in the passenger seat for damaging their squad car. They even checked the streets for surveillance cameras before making the arrest. They missed one.
- George Washington, the boozehound — and the creepy effort to erase his love of whiskey from American history.
- A SWAT team smashes up a vacant house in search of a man wanted on a domestic violence warrant, even though the landlord told them the man had been evicted and offered to let them in with a key.
- Kentucky state police go to the wrong house at 1:30 a.m. to serve an arrest warrant, then shoot a Great Dane five times.
Radley Balko blogs about criminal justice, the drug war and civil liberties for The Washington Post. He is the author of the book "Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America's Police Forces."