Q: (ASKED OF LEANED REPUBLICANS) Regardless of who you may support, which of the Republican candidates do you trust most to handle social issues, such as abortion and gay marriage?
Question 41 of 59
In this poll:
Disapproval of President Obama’s handling of the economy is heading higher — alongside gasoline prices — as a record number of Americans now give the president “strongly” negative reviews on the 2012 presidential campaign’s most important issue, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll. Increasingly pessimistic views of Obama’s performance on the economy — and on the federal budget deficit — come despite a steadily brightening employment picture and other signs of economic improvement, and they highlight the political sensitivity of rising gas prices.
- Part 1: Poll: Few in U.S. sense Afghan support for war
- Part 2: As gasoline prices rise, Obama's ratings fall
- Part 3: Congress remains deeply unpopular, poll finds
- Part 4: Poll: Voters want super PACs to be illegal
- Part 5: Iranian threat: Public prefers sanctions over bombs
- Part 6: Rick Santorum's faithful value religion and politics, poll shows
- Part 7: Toss individual health insurance mandate, poll says
This Washington Post-ABC News poll was conducted by telephone March 7 to 10, 2012, among a random national sample of 1,003 adults, including landline and cell phone-only respondents. The results from the full survey have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus four percentage points. Sampling, data collection and tabulation by Abt-SRBI of New York. NOTE: Due to rounding, results may not add to 100 percent, and percentages may not equal combined results. Groups are not displayed if fewer than 100 people in the category were interviewed