Here is an example of another kind of summer cocktail you can make with cachaca. The cranberry and lime juices and the Cointreau suggest a blended cosmopolitan, but the cachaca adds an extra bite.
- 2 ounces cachaca
- 1 ounce amaretto liqueur
- 1/2 ounce orange-flavor liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 ounce unsweetened red cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce sugar syrup (see NOTE)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 lime wedge, for garnish
Combine the liquid ingredients and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into an old-fashioned glass. Garnish with the lime wedge, and serve with a straw.
Adapted from Mittie Hellmich's "Mini Bar" series (Chronicle Books, 2007).
Tested by Joe Yonan.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.