This is an adaptation of Harry Potter's favorite snacks.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 stick (2 ounces) butter , at room temperature
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 bottle (3 cups) sparkling apple cider
Allow ice cream to soften, about 30 minutes, and bring butter to room temperature, about 2 hours.
Cream together butter, sugar and spices in large bowl. Add to ice cream and refreeze. Heat sparkling cider in a pot until warm but still carbonated (at least 3 minutes). Fill each glass with a generous scoop of ice cream mixture and pour warmed cider over ice cream. It will foam like beer; hence the name.
Adapted from "The Rosie O'Donnell Show."
Tested by Randy Richter.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.