This tart dressing is served at 1789 in Georgetown with a salad of mixed baby greens.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Shake well before using.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Combine the vinegar, mustard, shallot and lemon juice in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the oils until they are emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
From chef Nathan Beauchamp.
Tested by Leslie Waugh.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.