The savory spices added here make this zesty, flavorful fruit salad perfect for a first course.
The fruit that is not susceptible to discoloring can be prepped a day in advance and refrigerated in separate resealable plastic food storage bags. Add the bananas and apples just before serving.
Once the fruit is dressed, it should be served immediately.
- 2 cups 1-inch pineapple chunks
- 1 cup 1/2-inch papaya pieces
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch chunks
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 2 sprigs mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
Combine the ingredients in a bowl. Serve immediately.
From chef Nilesh Singhvi.
Tested by Aruna Jain.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.