This colorful, crunchy sweet/savory relish is an excellent accompaniment for grilled/seared chicken breast or fillet of fish, such as salmon, tuna or halibut. It is a great way to use leftover grilled, boiled or blanched corn on the cob.
Servings: 3 cups
- 1 cup (from about 2 ears) cooked corn kernels, cut off the cob
- 1 cup champagne grapes, pulled off the stem
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (about half of a small pepper)
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño chili pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, (white and tender green parts; about 3 scallions)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a medium bowl, toss all of the ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Adapted from chef and former restaurateur David Hagedorn.
Tested by Bonnie S. Benwick.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.