This classy vegetarian entree has flavor to spare. Serve with a salad and crusty bread.
Servings: 4 - 6
- 1 pound dried linguine or fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium leeks (white and light green parts only), thoroughly rinsed, halved lengthwise and thickly sliced crosswise
- 24 ounces marinated, quartered artichoke hearts (packed in oil), drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Increase the heat to medium, add the artichokes and cook for 6 minutes, stirring. Add the leeks, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to the bowl with the pasta. Add the Parmesan cheese and toss. Serve hot, with additional Parmesan on the side.
Adapted from the upcoming "Real Simple: Meals Made Easy" (Time Inc. Home Entertainment), written by Renee Schettler, a former Food section recipe editor.
Tested by Marcia Kramer.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.