This condiment pairs nicely with Cured Tenderloin of Beef.
Make Ahead: The ketchup can be made up to 5 days in advance and refrigerated.
Servings: 1.5 cups
- Flesh of one 1-pound ripe mango, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons store-bought mango chutney, such as Patak's Major Grey brand
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce (or more to taste), such as Tabasco brand
Combine the mango, chutney, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and hot pepper sauce to taste in a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth. Transfer to a small container, seal and refrigerate until ready to use.
Adapted from "Aquavit and the New Scandinavian Cuisine," by Marcus Samuelsson (Houghton Mifflin, 2003).
Tested by Jane Black.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.