This takes 15 minutes to prepare and tastes light and fresh.
- 2/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lemon (1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 melon, such as cantaloupe or honeydew, cut in half and seeded
- 4 medium (1 to 1 1/4 pounds) tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head green or red leaf lettuce (washed and spin-dried), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels (fresh, canned or frozen and defrosted)
Combine the yogurt, lemon juice, oil and salt to taste in a small bowl; mix well.
Use a melon baller to scoop out round balls of melon; place the balls in a large salad bowl and add the tomatoes, lettuce and corn. Add the yogurt dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Adapted from "Recipes From an Italian Summer" (Phaidon, 2010).
Tested by Mickey Douglas.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.