This recipe goes with Ben Chikkaswamy's Grilled Lamb Steaks, but it would also be good with grilled chicken or fish or atop vegetables.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups (1 bunch) fresh mint, stems trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups (1 bunch) cilantro, stems trimmed
- 2 to 3 green chili peppers, stems removed (may remove seeds for milder flavor)
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt, plus additional as necessary
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
In a food processor or blender, combine the mint, cilantro, chili peppers, yogurt and salt just until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and add the lemon juice in 1/2-teaspoon amounts, to taste. (The consistency will be like a smooth, thin paste; you may add more yogurt to thicken, if desired.)
Adapted from Ben Chikkaswamy of North Potomac.
Tested by Michael Taylor.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.