This dressing is versatile enough to use on vegetables, fish or poultry.
Servings: 1.5 cups
- 1/3 cup peeled and roughly diced Vidalia onion
- 1 small or 1/2 large clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon white miso
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Generous pinch coarse salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Combine the onion, garlic, miso, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, mirin, water, salt and pepper in a blender and process until smooth. Remove the center cap from the blender lid and, with the blender running, add the vegetable oil in a slow stream. Taste, and add salt and pepper if needed.
Adapted from "My Father’s Daughter," by Gwyneth Paltrow (Grand Central Life & Style, 2011).
Tested by Jane Touzalin.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.