This recipe makes the most of the flavorful poached chicken left over from making soup for the Seder meals. Carrots add a subtle sweetness. This is adapted from the recipe I made with 3-year-olds on "Good Morning America" many years ago.
Servings: 6 - 8
- 3 to 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (from two 3 1/2-pound chickens used to make chicken soup)
- 1 1/4 cups finely diced celery (about 4 stalks)
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise (kosher for Passover or regular), plus additional as necessary
In a medium bowl, combine ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
From Dallas cooking teacher Tina Wasserman.
Tested by Bonnie S. Benwick.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.