Red grapes add a nice sweetness to the tang of tomatoes and vinegar.
Servings: 5 - 6 cups
- 4 large tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks (peeled and seeded, optional)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup store-bought chunky-style picante sauce, such as Pace (mild)
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Combine the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to an airtight container or covered glass bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir and adjust seasoning before serving.
From Greensboro, N.C., resident Nancy Dentler.
Tested by Brenna Maloney.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.