Easy and squeaky-fun as a side dish to roasted fish or an African-inspired stew.
The salad is best served right after it's made.
Servings: 2 - 3
- About 2 cups packed cups baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 2 (22 ounces total) cucumbers, peeled, seeded, cut lengthwise into quarters then into thin half-moons
- Fronds from 3 sprigs dill, minced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Flesh of 1 avocado, cut into thin slices, for garnish (optional)
- Sea salt
- Few grinds of black pepper
Toss together the spinach, cucumbers and dill in a salad bowl.
Whisk together the vinegar, lime juice and oil in a measuring cup, then drizzle over the salad and toss to coat.
Arrange the avocado slices on top, if desired. Sprinkle with the sea salt and pepper. Serve right away.
Adapted from Oldways, a nonprofit organization that promotes healthful eating and drinking.
Tested by Bonnie S. Benwick.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.