Ellen Kassoff Gray hates to waste food. That's why, over the years, she found ways to combine the contents of condiment packets she picked up on road trips to form dipping sauces. She serves them with fresh vegetables that she buys at roadside stands and cuts in the car.
Be sure to pack small, clean, empty lidded containers for mixing the sauces.
- 2 single-serving relish packets
- 2 single-serving mayonnaise packets
- 4 single-serving ketchup packets
- 1 single-serving soy sauce packet
- 1 single-serving non-dairy creamer packet
- 2 single-serving prepared mustard packets
- 1 single-serving honey packet
- Fresh vegetables, cut up
Combine the relish and mayonnaise packets in one small container; mix well.
Combine the ketchup packets, soy sauce packet and non-dairy creamer packet in a separate small container; mix well.
Combine the mustard packets and honey packet in a separate small container; mix well.
Serve with freshly cut vegetables.
From Gray, co-owner of Equinox restaurant in Washington.
Tested by Ellen Kassoff Gray.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at email@example.com.