This spicy morning-after cocktail was featured on the last day of the 2009 Tales of the Cocktail conference in New Orleans, at a session called "Paying the Piper: Your Hangover and You."
- 2 1/2 ounces tomato juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce silver tequila
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3 thin crosswise-cut slices hot chili pepper, such as jalapeno
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Fill a highball glass with ice.
Combine the three juices, tequila, honey, onion, pepper slices, Worcestershire sauce and salt to taste in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake vigorously, then pour (strained) into the glass.
Created by Wayne Curtis of the Atlantic and John Myers of the Grill Room in Portland, Maine;adapted from "Stir Your Soul: Tales of the Cocktail Recipe Book" (Mud Puddle Books, 2009).
Tested by Michael Taylor.
E-mail questions to the Food Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.